|Achievements (2.7) is currently under construction.
The information contained within it should not be presently considered fully accurate and/or complete. You can help byto it.
Achievements are a feature first introduced with the release of version 2.7. While the player does not need an account to play the single player campaign, both an account and an active internet connection are required to utilise the achievements system. Barring the white pup and secret den achievements, the majority of in-game achievements do not unlock anything; they are simply used as proof of progress or boasting rights.
Entries marked with SP can only be unlocked in single player. Entries marked with MP can only be unlocked in multiplayer.
We have sorted achievements into four categories:
MissionsThese achievements will trigger over the course of gameplay while progressing through and completing missions.
|CharmlessSP||Get rejected by a potential mate.||Fail to bond with a dispersal wolf|
|Happy TogetherSP||Get a mate!||Successfully bond with a dispersal wolf|
|No Place Like Home||Choose a den.||Settle at one of the four available den sites||100px|
|It's Mine, All Mine||Mark your territory in Slough Creek.||Mark territory up to ~95% or higher||100px|
|Because I Said So!||Complete the Train Your Pups mission.||Successfully train your pups, filling the affinity (blue) bar||100px|
|Nobody Messes with Me||Complete the Defend Your Den mission.||Successfully thwart a certain amount of predators. (Exact amount will differ per difficulty setting)||100px|
|Ready for a Journey||Complete the Grow Your Pups mission.||Successfully have all surviving pups gain a minimum weight of 15lbs||100px|
|Survival of the Pack||Complete the final journey.||Successfully reach the rendezvous site with at least one surviving puppy||100px|
|That Was a Squeaker||Reach the rendezvous site with one pup, on Easy||Successfully complete the episode with at least one surviving puppy||100px|
|& Then There Was One||Reach the rendezvous site with one pup, on Challenging||Successfully complete the episode with at least one surviving puppy||100px|
|The Lucky One||Reach the rendezvous site with one pup, on Arduous||Successfully complete the episode with at least one surviving puppy||100px|
|Last Pup Standing||Reach the rendezvous site with one pup, on Bring It On!||Successfully complete the episode with at least one surviving puppy||100px|
|A Howling Success||Reach the rendezvous site with four pups, on Easy||Successfully complete the episode with all four pups alive||100px|
|Happily Ever After||Reach the rendezvous site with four pups, on Challenging||Successfully complete the episode with all four pups alive||100px|
|Through the Gauntlet||Reach the rendezvous site with four pups, on Arduous||Successfully complete the episode with all four pups alive||100px|
|Against All Odds||Reach the rendezvous site with four pups, on Bring It On!||Successfully complete the episode with all four pups alive||100px|
|One Big Happy FamilyMP||Complete the Raise Pups multiplayer scenario.||Rendezvous site||100px|
|The Ranch BanditSP||Kill the calf at the cattle ranch.||Seek out and kill the cattle calf at the cattle ranch||100px|
|Bark Bark BANG!SP||Lose your life at the cattle ranch.||Succumb to the penalty of trespassing and overstaying your welcome|
ActionsThese achievements will trigger as certain actions are performed, ranging from predators and prey to fulfilling certain experience point criteria.
|What Smells?||Use scent vision.||Enter scent vision by pressing the V key|
|Natural Selection FTW||Kill 1 cow elk.||Successfully hunt a cow elk alone, with a mate or by cooperating with other players||100px|
|Thinning the Herd||Kill 10 cow elk.||Successfully hunt ten cow elk alone, with a mate or by cooperating with other players||100px|
|Tired of Elk Meat||Kill 100 cow elk.||Successfully hunt one hundred cow elk alone, with a mate or by cooperating with other players||100px|
|Bulls-Eye!||Kill 1 bull elk.||Successfully hunt one bull elk alone, with a mate or by cooperating with other players||100px|
|Matador||Kill 25 bull elk.||Successfully hunt twenty-five bull elk alone, with a mate or by cooperating with other players||100px|
|TeamworkMP||Work with your pack to kill an elk.||Participating in an elk hunt. (Cow elk only)||100px|
|Strength in NumbersMP||Work with your pack to kill an elk.||Participating in an elk hunt. (Bull elk only)||100px|
|A Tasty Morsel||Kill 1 hare.||Successfully hunt one hare|
|I'm Hunting Wabbits!||Kill ten hares.||Successfully hunt ten hares||100px|
|The Hare Slayer||Kill 100 hares.||Successfully hunt one hundred hares||100px|
|Coyote Killer||Kill 1 coyote.||Successfully kill one coyote|
|Coyote Nemesis||Kill 10 coyotes.||Successfully kill ten coyotes||100px|
|Coyote Exterminator||Kill 100 coyotes.||Successfully kill one hundred coyotes||100px|
|Nervy||Chase away 1 grizzly bear.||Succeed in chasing away one grizzly bear.|
|Gutsy||Chase away 10 grizzly bears.||Succeed in chasing away ten grizzly bears.||100px|
|Fearless||Chase away 50 grizzly bears.||Succeed in chasing away fifty grizzly bears.||100px|
|To the Skies||Chase away 1 eagle.||Succeed in chasing away one golden eagle.||100px|
|Eagle Eye||Chase away 10 eagles.||Succeed in chasing away ten golden eagles.||100px|
|You're Ill-Eagle!||Chase away 50 eagles.||Succeed in chasing away fifty golden eagles.||100px|
|Puppy Rescuer||Chase away 1 predator wolf.||Successfully chase away one predator wolf.||100px|
|Quick-Footed||Chase away 10 predator wolves.||Successfully chase away ten stranger wolves.||100px|
|Defender in Chief||Chase away 50 predator wolves.||Successfully chase away fifty predator wolves.||100px|
|A Mighty WolfSP||Win 1 encounter with a stranger wolf.||Succeed in dominating (not killing) a stranger wolf in a social arena|
|Big Bad WolfSP||Win 10 encounters with a stranger wolf.||Succeed in dominating (not killing) a stranger wolf in a social arena.||100px|
|King of the HillSP||Win 50 encounters with a stranger wolf.||Succeed in dominating (not killing) a stranger wolf in a social arena.||100px|
|Secret Hideaway||Earn 7,500 experience points to unlock the secret den.|
|Fairest of Them AllSP||Earn 15,000 experience points to unlock the white puppy.|
|Bad Parent||Lose a puppy to starvation.||Have a pup succumb to hunger at least once.||100px|
|Natural Selection Sucks||Lose a puppy to a predator.||Have a pup succumb to any predator at least once.||100px|
|An Error in Judgement||Lose your life to a grizzly bear.||Succumb to the claws of a grizzly at least once.||100px|
|Hissy Fit||Chase away 1 cougar.||Successfully chase away one cougar.|
|Scaredy Cats||Chase away 10 cougars.||Successfully chase away ten cougars.||100px|
|Canines Rule||Chase away 50 cougars.||Successfully chase away fifty cougars.||100px|
|Just Embarrassing||Lose your life to a cougar.||Succumb to the claws of a cougar at least once.||100px|
|Hello, Kitty||Provoke a lounging cougar.||Approach a cougar outcrop.||100px|
|Bye-bye, Kitty||Kill a cougar.||Successfully kill a cougar.||100px|
|Deep DiveSP||Watch a fox mousing in the snow.||Observe a fox from a short distance as it hunts for mice. Winter Slough Creek only.|
|PouncerSP||Watch a fox mousing in the grass.||Observe a fox from a short distance as it hunts for mice. Spring Slough Creek only.|
|Outfox the Fox||Kill 1 fox.||Catch up with and kill a fox.||100px|
- See also: Human Impacts.
The following achievements may be accomplished during the Amethyst Mountain episode.
|Really Old Trees||Visit named location.||Fossil Forest|
|Scorched Land||Visit named location.||The Burn|
|Hangin' with the DruidsSP||Encounter a Druid stranger wolf.||Druids' Peak territory|
|A Fine SpecimenSP||Encounter a Specimen stranger wolf.||Specimen Ridge territory|
|Slough Who?SP||Encounter a Slough stranger wolf.||Lamar Outlook territory|
|Jack of All TerritoriesSP||Encounter a stranger wolf in each of the three territories.|
|Lose Something?||Find the old boot.||Directly north of 'Soda Butte Vista' shown on the map|
|Cold Ashes||Find the campfire.||North-east of the Moon Tree, outside the Specimen Ridge territory|
|Alas, Poor Yorick||Find the wolf skull on Amethyst Mountain.||On a tree stump in the Fossil Forest||100px|
|Almost Pristine||Unlock all of the Places achievements in Amethyst Mountain.|
The following achievements may be accomplished during the Slough Creek episode.
|Under the Broken Tree||Visit the den site at Saddle Meadows.||Saddle Meadows|
|Just a Pile of Rocks||Visit the den site at Aspen Heights.||Aspen Heights|
|Under the Fir Tree||Visit the den site at Bison Peak Cutoff.||Bison Peak Cutoff|
|Just Being Thorough||Visit all three den sites before choosing your home|
|Smelly Leather||Find the old boot.||West of the elk hunting grounds' shallows located north of the Little Butte|
|Ring of Fire||Find the campfire.||Directly south-west of the Little Butte, slightly north-west of Douglas Fir Slopes. Look for while stone terrain|
|Rolling, Rolling, Rolling||Find the wagon wheel.||South of the Little Butte. Hard to miss.|
|They Went Thataway||Find the trail sign.||South of Sandbar Crossing, nestled among the outermost trees|
|Boots Made for Walking||Find the bootprints.||Directly north of the trail signpost, close to the water's edge.|
|Seen It All||Unlock all of the Places achievements in Slough Creek.|
The following achievements may be accomplished while exploring the Lost River map.
- Main article: Ranks
|Newborn||Earn or have at least 1 experience point.|
|Pup||Earn or have at least 800 experience points.|
|Young Hunter||Earn or have at least 3,000 experience points.|
|Yearling||Earn or have at least 10,000 experience points.|
|Skilled Hunter||Earn or have at least 20,000 experience points.|
|Packmate||Earn or have at least 40,000 experience points.|
|Expert Wolf||Earn or have at least 80,000 experience points.|
|Pack Elder||Earn or have at least 200,000 experience points.||100px|
- Some achievements are based on the suggestions sought by Dave in late December 2014 
- The WolfQuest FAQ forum was updated within days of 2.7's release, complete with an achievements FAQ topic available here.
- There's No Place Like Home is a quote from The Wizard of Oz.
- It's Mine, All Mine is a possible quote from the Looney Tunes character, Daffy Duck.
- & Then There Was One may be a reference to the 1994 film of the same name.
- Happily Ever After is a reference to a typical happy ending, typically associated with fairy tales or children's literature.
- Bulls-Eye is a term used in the sports game known as darts, scoring the player 180 points if they successfully hit a red mark set in the middle of the board. It is a fairly common activity found throughout pubs as well as being well-known in the United Kingdom.
- I'm Hunting Wabbits is a common quote from the Looney Tunes character, Elmer Fudd, used while hunting Bugs Bunny.
- Big Bad Wolf is a reference to the antagonist wolf of the fairy tale, Little Red Riding Hood.
- King of the Hill is a possible reference to the adult animated television series by Mike Judge and Greg Daniels which aired from 12 January 1997 until 6 May 2010.
- Fairest of Them All is a reference to the fairytale, Snow White.
- Ring of Fire is a likely reference to the song by Johnny Cash.
- Ashes to Ashes could be a reference to song by David Bowie.
- Happy Together is a likely reference to the song by The Turtles.
- Rolling, Rolling, Rolling could be a reference to the songs by Blues Brothers or Limp Bizkit.
- No Exit is a reference to the 1944 existentialist French play by Paul Sartre.
- Boots Made for Walking is a reference to the Nancy Sinatra song.
- Grand Tour is a reference to the classic tour of Europe undertaken by young wealthy people in the 19th century, or to the Voyager space probes of the 1970s.
- Against All Odds is a reference to the Phil Collins song.
- You're Ill-Eagle is a reference to the bad joke about unlawful versus illegal.
- Alas, Poor Yorick is a reference to Hamlet, Act 5, scene 1.
- The skull is currently the only object to emit a glow effect for ease of visibility, making it easier to locate at night.
- The rank icons were made by Sambhur.
- This system is powered by Combu.
- The achievement Many Moosen is a reference to Brian Regan's Stupid In School
- ↑ There used to be two campfires in Slough Creek prior to 2.7; one of the two has been relocated to Amethyst Mountain, meaning there is now only one campfire to be found in Slough Creek.
- ↑ This achievement cannot be unlocked during the episode arc after the final journey mission is started due to it being set within rival pack territory. Unlock it in an earlier mission, either in single player or in multiplayer, or in a pack life multiplayer session.
- ↑ wolfquest.org • Tablet version: Achievements