|Beaver (2.7) is currently under construction.
The information contained within it should not be presently considered fully accurate and/or complete. You can help byto it.
Beavers are a non-interactive nocturnal animal in Lost River. They make up for their poor eyesight with a keen sense of smell.
These animals inhabit a lodge built within the flooded heart of Allison Acres. It seems apparent that the beavers were responsible for erecting a dam and blocking the river's natural flow through Hank's Ditch to the lake, causing the neighbourhood to flood and likely driving its occupants to evacuate.
Whether they were intentionally introduced by humans or were invaders is unclear.
If players swim close to the lodge, they will hear noises and movements within. Occasionally, while swimming or trotting on the shore while in the vicinity of Allison Acres, the slapping of a beaver's tail and splashing will be heard.
Currently, there are no beavers to be observed or hunted in-game.
- Whether beavers were introduced by humans or invaded is unclear.
- It has been speculated that they caused the evacuation of Downtown and Grant's Glen.
- Beavers are preyed on by wolves, coyotes and bears, hence the 'prey' categorization despite not having a physical appearance in-game.
- Tail slapping is a behavior intended to startle what a beaver may perceive to be a threat, giving it (as well as any others that may be close enough to hear the slap) time to flee to safety.
- ↑ wolfquest.org • [2.7] Lost River Discussion [Spoilers]
- ↑ http://askanaturalist.com/my-encounter-with-beavers/