This article or section contains information about upcoming content that has yet to be released. Some of the information presented may be inaccurate or subject to change.
Beavers are nocturnal prey set to be found in various rivers throughout WolfQuest. They make up for their poor eyesight with a keen sense of smell and excel in water maneuverability.
These rodents maintain and inhabit a lodge built within the flooded heart of Allison Acres. It seems apparent that the beavers were responsible for erecting a dam and blocking the river's natural flow through Hank's Ditch to the reservoir on the other side, causing the neighbourhood to flood. It is unknown if this event drove its occupants to evacuate.
Whether they were intentionally introduced by humans or were invaders is unclear.
If players swim close to the lodge, they will hear noises and movements within. Occasionally, while swimming or trotting on the shore while in the vicinity of Allison Acres, the slapping of a beaver's tail and splashing will be heard.
- Whether beavers were introduced by humans or invaded is unclear.
- It has been speculated that they caused the evacuation of Downtown and Grant's Glen.
- Beavers are preyed on by wolves, coyotes and bears, hence the 'prey' categorization despite not having a physical appearance in-game.
- Tail slapping is a behavior intended to startle what a beaver may perceive to be a threat, giving it (as well as any others that may be close enough to hear the slap) time to flee to safety.
- Beavers were added to the game in 2.7, though their presence was auditory only.
- ↑ wolfquest.org • [2.7] Lost River Discussion [Spoilers]
- ↑ http://askanaturalist.com/my-encounter-with-beavers/
- ↑ wolfquest.org • Busy as Beavers